Thursday, January 22, 2009

Phantom

We just got back from Vegas. We had the best time. It was so hard to come back to real life. If only everyday could be a vacation.... We went to Las Vegas to see the Phantom of the Opera for Mykell's b-day present. It was really amazing we had the best seats. We sat in the first row. We were so close that at one point during the play I told Mykell I wanted to jump over the orchestra pit and tackle Raul! Kidding of course!! Joel and I were a little worried that Mykell wouldn't like the show as good as the movie, but we didn't have anything to worry about, she loved it!! And she still remains in love with the Phantom...
We left for our trip on Saturday and drove to St. George. We stayed at a hotel with an indoor pool, so Mykell and Joel could do some swimming. Isn't this the cutest picture of the two of them?
St. George was a lot warmer then Layton, but not warm enough for outdoor swimming! It was nice to be able to run out side and not have to wear a coat though. St. George has grown so much. I can't believe how busy and big it is getting. We went to my favorite place to eat, Chili's. It was crazy busy. Joel parked a mile away and the wait was 40 minutes. I didn't think we could wait that long, but a spot opened up in the bar and Mykell and I ran to grab it! I personally think that food is a big part of a vacation, we definitely had some good food during this vacation!!

On Sunday we drove into Las Vegas and went and saw Bride Wars. I thought it was pretty cute and quite funny. I would recommend it for adults. I was a little uncomfortable about a couple parts having Mykell there. But I really like Anne Hathaway and Kate Hudson so it's hard not to like this one. This is definitely a chick flick. I am so glad that I don't have to drag Joel to these types of shows. He is a really good sport.


We stayed at the MGM in Vegas and had a really fun time. They have a really neat lion exhibit at the hotel. I tried to get a good picture, but had a rough time. The exhibit lets you look under the lions as well as all around them. I know this isn't the best picture but I wanted to show you this one because I swear this lion was staring me down through the glass. He was drinking some water and looking at me like I was his next meal!


Here's Joel and Kell at the exhibit
Me and Kell at the Rain Forest Cafe

On Monday we went to the M&M World Market. It's kind of a neat little place. (I shouldn't say little because it is huge) Joel and I couldn't believe how much M&M stuff they had. Seriously if you can think of any kind of souvenir ,they had it and it had an M&M on it. We tried really hard to try to find kid friendly things to do in Vegas. The M&M Market is definitely kid friendly. However, I think Mykell was feeling a little to mature for it... at least she thinks!!
Look at that face saying I'm way to cool for this!!
Look at Joel rubbing down this M&M's thigh!!

Later that afternoon we found a really cool arcade with millions of games, it was called GameWorks. We were like little kids running around playing games. Our favorite was a Harley Davidson game, I wish I would have gotten some pictures, because I'm sure we looked funny all lined up on our bikes racing!

That night we ate at the Grand Lux Cafe at the Venecian and went to the show. We had such a good time. Mykell is already planning her senior trip. She says that she and her friend Olivia are planning to go see thePhantom for graduation!!

Mykell eating her $20 burger!!

We had so much fun! It's hard to come back to real life:( But, I guess that's part of life. Vacations have to end! I feel really blessed to have been able to do this with Mykell. This is definitely a Birthday she will never forget.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

So much fun! I am extremely jealous!! I am glad you did come back to real life or I would be left in the madness of work by myself. I think it is really neat that you did something so special for Mykell I am sure it will be the her best birthday for a long time to come! Next time take me ;)

Abby Fowers said...

Fun, fun, fun! The pictures are darling! Looks like you guys had a fun time. We always hit the rainforest cafe and the M&M store in Vegas. They're my favorite! Phantom sounds like it was awesome. What a neat experience. Kell is growing up so fast. Tell her thanks for the comment on my blog, and I will check out that website! Love you guys!

Brooke said...

Tell that girl to slow down! I was looking through old pictures the other day and found one of Mykell when she was 3. I am so not ready for her to be planning graduation trips. I am so glad you guys had such a great time. And I love that picture of Joel and Mykell. Definitely frameworthy. You guys are such great parents to take her on such a special birthday trip.

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Wow, sounds like a really great trip. A total Birthday dream for any girl. My parents never took me on a whole vacation for my Birthday! This is one she really won't forget. Now just how are you going to top it next year? he..he..he.. Looks like you're growing your hair longer again. Looks good :)

Melanie said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!! I can't believe Mykell..so big now! That's crazy. Hard to believe it's been 8 years since I started working with the LS crew - and now look at it!? lol
Glad you guys had fun, we loved Phantom too when we saw it in NYC.