Sunday, January 4, 2009

11 Years Old!

Today is Mykell's 11th Birthday!! I can't believe we have an 11 year old!! She's growing up so fast. It's terrible!! We celebrated Mykell's b-day last night by inviting all of our family over. We had pizza and a really yummy ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. We had 26 people in our little house! It was crazy, but fun!!

Joel and I decided to surprise Mykell with a ticket to go see the Phantom of the Opera for her Birthday. Mykell is the biggest fan of the Phantom. She listens to the CD on her I-pod all day, and when she's not listening she's watching the movie!! We thought taking her to see the play would be an experience she would never forget. So in two weeks we get to take a road trip to Vegas to go see the Phantom. I recorded her opening her present. It was pretty funny, I think she was in shock!

Mykell is truly blessed with a family that loves her. I think it's safe to say that it the Birthday celebration was a success.

Mykell we love you and hope you have a great Birthday. You truly are a blessing to your family!

Here is Kell opening up her Phantom Ticket


Happy Birthday Dear Mykell!! Happy Birthday to You!!

4 comments:

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Hey Happy Birthday Mykell! Looks like you'll be seeing Phantom on the 19th on MY Birthday :) Wow, there are so many birthday's so close together. I bought Chris some Jazz tickets for Christmas. But, we're just going to SLC....he..he..he..

Jamie said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time! Tell Mykell happy birthday for me and that I am way jealous of her awesome gift!!!

Brooke said...

Holy cow! Is that Tanner in the last picture? I cannot believe how big he is! I hope Mykell had a great birthday. You guys are such great parents to throw her such a great party and give her such a fantastic gift.

Abby Fowers said...

That is TOO cute! She told us all about the Phantom tickets and the yummy cake! That was an awesome idea. Hope you guys have a blast! It really is hard to believe she is 11 years old. Not much longer and we'll have a teenager on our hands!