Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mykell's 1st Ski Lesson

Mykell had her first ski lesson at Wolf Mountain this past Saturday. She was so excited, and I must say she looked so cute in her new snow outfit! Mykell actually won the lesson and a free ski rental from a contest she participated in at her school. I knew that she really wanted to learn how to ski when I heard how the contest worked. Basically the person who ran the most miles in the first three weeks of November won a free ski rental, pass, and lesson at Wolf Mountain. Mykell ended up running 12.5 miles, and won the prize!! She had such a good time skiing. We actually had a pretty big storm on Friday night and Saturday so there was new snow and it even snowed a little during her lesson. Mykell was way exhausted by the end of the day, but she still can't wait to go back. We've already made plans for the next trip, this time Joel and I will see what skills (if any) we still have.
Here's Joel helping Mykell before her lesson. Notice that she doesn't have any poles. I guess they don't give the kids poles because they want them to learn how to balance without them! Sounds harder to me?
Here's Mykell riding on a conveyor belt that takes her to the top of the bunny hill!

Mykell sleeping in the car on the way home!

4 comments:

Jamie said...

She is so cute! I am glad she had so much fun. And her new gear is very cute! After the holidays we should all go up one night or a saturday together and I can show you my tricks like falling on my bum and falling off the lift!! :)

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

I remember those days, back in JR. High, when we used to take the bus from Down town Ogden up to Snow Basin for ski lessons every Saturday. It was put on by the Standard Examiner Ski School. I had much more fun skiing later with my little brother, and he's always been way better than me, but that's ok. I would love to get out there again sometime. It's been a little while. I think 3 years since I had Bree :)

Paparazzi Boutique said...

So cute. She looks like a natural. We love Wolf Mountain. We had a family pass there last year and all 3-kids took lessons. The bunny hill was a favorite. She'll be a pro in no-time.

Abby Fowers said...

Cute-cute-cute! She told me she had fun, but didn't tell me she won anything! That is awesome. Cute pics. Looks like a fun time!