Friday, December 5, 2008

Thanksgiving!!

I know I'm slow at getting my blogs posted, but I have a minute so here goes...
We had a really good Thanksgiving. We switch off each year between my parents and Joel's parents. This Thanksgiving we spent with the Rivera side of the family. We had a really good dinner (thanks mom), and it was fun to see all of the fam!! I contributed pies and mashed potatoes to the meal. And I'm proud to say that I didn't mess anything up! You can see a picture of the beautiful pies! My mom actually helped me with the pies. She's only showed me like 5 times how to make pies... I still don't think I want to try one without her present! !
Before we ate our meal we went around the room and all said what we were thankful for. My three year old niece Paige said she was thankful for "my Jesus"!! It was cute!! We all had and have so much to be thankful for. We are so blessed!
We also had a really fun game of spoons after the turkey dinner. I have to brag and say I was the winner. The game got a little violent, but no one was seriously hurt!!
Joel and I are now detoxing from our Thanksgiving meal and months and months of over eating! I hope everyone had a really good Thanksgiving.
Here is my mom preparing our meal! Thanks Mom!

These are the beautiful and delicious pies we made.

We just finished our meal and look how happy we are!!

I thought this was a cute picture of my sister Jen, Mykell and my mom!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

Your pies look so good! I am so proud of you! Your mom was definitely a good teacher. And only she could look so beautiful while slaving over a Thanksgiving feast!

Abby Fowers said...

Sounds like a fun thanksgiving! Good job on the pies! They are a lot of work to make from scratch. That's awesome! Glad you guys had a good holiday, and I love the cute pics!

Papa Mike said...

It looks like you had a great Thanksgiving.Did Joel put away all three of those pie's?Looks like grandma Chris did a fantastic job.She is the nicest person I know.May the lord bless her.We hope and Wish you all a Safe and Merry Christmas.I am waiting to see some Christmas lights on your house.Come on Joel Griswald,there is plenty of electricity.I will get you a Square D panel if you need more circuits.Take care!

Joel said...

Hey Mike...

You probably haven't been by lately or you just overlooked the lighting job on the 5' hand rail in front of the house! Actually, Brooke did that! I may need to take you up on that panel because I have big plans for the future!